Dalai wrote:and enter
mqsql -u root
sql shouldn't bring you anywhere
Dalai wrote:what is the correct way to run ... MySql?
- The recommend way to start MySQL is with the Start Button in your XAMPP control panel.
- you can start MySQL as Windows Service, too.
- you can use the C:\xampp\mysql_start.bat
- Or you can start MySQL in the command line - with custom parameters or the parameters the .bat file uses too:
- Code: Select all
C:\xampp\mysql\bin>mysqld --defaults-file=mysql\bin\my.ini --standalone --console
You see, there are several ways to "run" MySQL. Use the one you are comfortable with and which does what you want.
Dalai wrote:... to connect to MySql?
connect can be anything. If you want to administrate, there are again several ways:
- The recommend way is to start Apache too and use http://localhost/phpmyadmin/
- you can connect in the command line, like you are trying. For this, MySQL has to run already and you have to give the credentials with your mysql command, not after! Otherwise MySQL will connect you as anonymous user.
- You can use Database Tools like MySQL Workbench
Again use the method you are comfortable with.