Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.
A quick question and thank you for your help.
I have a new project inside the htdocs folder called "project" and I would like to setup a new project to be accessed via http://project/ insteead of http://localhost/project/
Can someone please elaborate as to how I may achieve this ?
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 03. May 2011 14:29
We require your XAMPP version and your Windows Version to provide the correct version support.viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48331viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32670
You may need to use VirtualHosts where you can put your project anywhere on your PC which will also allow you the URI you require.
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 3316
- Joined: 03. October 2008 05:10
- Location: Yeppoon, Australia Time Zone: GMT/UTC+10
- XAMPP Version: Beta version
- Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3
@ MrAlexander -
You will likely also need a hosts file entry for your browser to resolve the "http://project" address (which, for your browser, is a 'host name') as there is no reference to the http://localhost
(generally a reserved hostname) in the proposed URL.http://support.apple.com/kb/TA27291
- AF Moderator
- Posts: 3210
- Joined: 12. April 2010 16:41
- Location: Land of the Blazing Sun
- XAMPP Version: 1.8.2-2
- Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7
Return to XAMPP for Mac OS X
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest