Since some month (today is the 4th of july 2003) the Source Forge statistics don't
work correctly any more and showing only extremely less download counts.
See the corresponding
Source Forge article:
Issue at hand: Download statistics for projects are
inaccurate (either 0 or seemingly low) for a large
number of projects. This issue appears to have started
on or around May 19, 2003 and to be continuing through
at least May 27, 2003 and most likely will continue
until this ticket is closed.
Because of this we started to count the downloads by ourself.
Update August 5th 2003: The Source Forge statistics are working again. And today we switch back to SF statistics. All figures below come from Source Forge's project statistic page.